Friday, October 23, 2009

I dare you to "be still"

Today while in prayer at work, someone quoted Psalm 46:10,"Be still, and know that I am God". He asked that we just take a minute to be still.

Odd how that one minute felt like 1 hour. I tried to "be still" but thoughts of what I had to do today kept intersecting my meditative spirit. I didn't realize how hard it was to simply be still. Everytime I tried clearing my head of my thoughts and focus on who God is, I found myself fighting thoughts of busyness.

So, by the time the minute was over, I noticed I had spent that entire time fighting thoughts and trying to focus on others.

Why can't I just be still???

Even when I pray, I realize I'm thinking of everything else I need to pray for as I pray for something else. This is the madness in my head!

In this over saturated viral, networking, media infused world, it's hard to just stop it all and try to focus on nothing...except God. So I dare you, try to stop everything and simply "be still" and know that God is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment