Thursday, January 7, 2010

Beginning a new chapter...2010

Every year since I was in high school (maybe before), my mom would sit with my sisters and I on or around New Year's Eve and begin the goals for the following year. Not really resolutions, rather goals that we sought to attain.

First, we would actually review the previous year's goals and see how many we accomplished. If it wasn't accomplished, we'd roll it over to the following year's goals if it was something important that we felt needed to be completed.

You can say it's become somewhat of a tradition in our family. Many have joined us in this endeavor and have enjoyed it. The main difference between "resolutions" and what we do, is that we pray over our list all year long and refer to it throughout the year to see if we're on target with our goals. I'm proud to say the average percentage of goals I complete annually are around 90%. I don't always write goals that necessarily will be met, but I try to focus on those things important to me that I feel may be aligned with where I think the Lord wants me.

This is one of the most exciting things about starting a new year for me. It's gives me a new start and motivation to see where I'd like to be at the end of the year physically, spiritually and emotionally. It's wonderful to track what the Lord has done in my life as well.

So, here we go 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment